This page lists (Smart)Eiffel software resources (libraries and
tools) that should be useful if you're using SmartEiffel.
It contains links to projects developed around or for SmartEiffel (but not by the
SmartEiffel team). The SmartEiffel team gives no guarantees
about the quality, usefulness or anything about these resources (in
fact, we haven't had time to test most of them).
If you want to help (which we do encourage you to do!), to
complain, to signal bugs, or to get more information about any of
these, please follow the links and contact directly the people in
charge, or use the SmartEiffel mailing list. We, the SmartEiffel team,
won't be able to help you.
If you know about a serious project that is not mentioned here and should be,
or if you find an error below, or think one of the resources has
nothing to do here,
please send me an e-mail with the
Also do so if you have an ongoing project for which you need help (we
probably won't help you directly, but we'll put your request on this page).
|GUI (Graphical User Interface) Libraries
by Richie Bielak et al.
- Eiffel / GTK+ binding. Works on UNIX and probably Windows.
- Wrapper (binding) for the FOX GUI Toolkit. Works on Unix and Win32.
by Paul Janzen
and Francois Pennach
- SmartEiffel / Gtk bindings. Works on UNIX.
Eiffel Xlib, by
- Binding to the C 'Xlib' library. Works on Linux, Solaris and
- Win32 API GUI library.
GRAPE for SmartEiffel, by
- GRAphical Programming for Eiffel for SmartEiffel. Works on
Windows and probably UNIX.
- Steven wouldn't mind getting some help for extensions.
- GUI support by providing a connection to Tcl/Tk.
|Database Interface Libraries
Paul G. Crismer and al.
- An Eiffel wrapper around the X/Open ISO/CLI (also known as ODBC
under Windows). Provides an API to RDBMS drivers and uses SQL92.
Patrick Doyle and al.
- The Eiffel SQL Library. Works with Linux and mSQL 2.0 from Hughes Technologies
PG, by Dustin Salling.
- A basic interface to the PostgreSQL relational database.
|Networking & Web Libraries
CGI, by Dustin Salling.
- A very simple CGI class.
EiffeLDAP, by Dustin Salling.
- Eiffel/OpenLDAP binding. In progress.
The Eiffel Sockets Library, by
- Application level networking library. Works on Linux; should be
rather portable. In (apparently quick) progress.
The mico/E CORBA and Eiffel project.
- A complete implementation of CORBA for Eiffel.
- Binding for the ORBit ORB. "Quite incomplete and only for the brave :-)"
Small-FCGI, by Lyn
- SmartEiffel Bindings for Fast CGI.
yaesockets (Yet Another Eiffel Sockets), by
- A multi-OS (Win32, Linux, QNX, etc) TCP/IP API layer for Eiffel.
|Base / Data structures Libraries
- Compact foundation library providing the classic data structures
(lists, sets, tables, date + time,...) and a few additional useful things.
Gobo Eiffel Structure Library,
by Eric Bezault.
- Portable Eiffel class library.
- Arbitary precision numbers library.
Berend de Boer.
- Almost complete Standard C and POSIX binding.
Gobo Eiffel Lex, by
- Portable lexical analyser generator.
Gobo Eiffel Yacc, by
- Portable parser generator.
- Eiffel XML Parser Toolkit. Works under Windows and Linux (and other
UNIXes ?). eXML is now included in Gobo project.
- Extension to SWIG (Simplified Wrapper and Interface Generator) to produce Eiffel
interfaces to C libraries. (Alternate address: http://www.alexcozzi.com/sw/)
BASE64, by Dustin Salling.
- A simple Base64 encode/decode class.
ISS RegEx/SE, by
- Port of the ISS RegEx matching library to SmartEiffel.
midi-eiffel, by Mike
- An Eiffel wrapper to tclmidi, a TCL extension to deal with MIDI
- GNU style command line argument parsing. Features support for
long/short options, counting of options, intermixing of
options and arguments, options with required or optional arguments...
Paul G. Crismer and al.
- Eiffel library for producing PDF.
by Martin Schwenke
- Eiffel mode for GNU Emacs, with support for SmartEiffel.
Copyright © Dominique COLNET and Suzanne COLLIN -
Last modified: Tue Feb 11 11:59:14 CET 2003